Services for organizations
LTKY offers plenty of services for our associations. You can read about them here.
Table of Contents
LTKY offers member associations the basement for open to all, healthy and non-alcoholic events once a school year free of charge.
The facilities are not cleaned separately after a free booking, so facilities must be cleaned well after the use. The use of the free reservation must be agreed on separately at the time of booking. LTKY reserves the right to cancel a free booking before a paid booking by notifying the booker no later than one week before the booking.
Out of season (02.05. – 15.08.) the whole basement can be rented for 300 € weekend. The billing of the sauna is 10 € / hour and the sauna is heated for at least two hours at a time.
Associations can also rent storage space from basement facilities.
Van, trailer and other goods for rent
The rental of a van takes place only for associations under LTKY. The rent is 10 € / day and 0,40 € / km including fuel.
Rental of a trailer and other LTKY’s rental goods for associations at a member price.
Reservations can be made at the office during its opening hours or by e-mail at [email protected].
Associations have the right to apply for project grants. Grant applications are submitted to the office or Member Services Secretary, after which they are considered by the Member Services Committee, which consists of editors. The Member Services Committee next meets when necessary.
Criteria for awarding organizational grants, Project grant application and guidance on these can be asked from [email protected]
LTKY reimburses the costs of founding associations when clubs become associations. The establishment costs can be applied for afterwards or the invoices can be submitted directly to the LTKY office together with the application for the establishment costs reimbursement of the association.
The operating grant is mainly intended for associations under LTKY (excluding special status associations) and it is paid once a year. To be eligible for operating grant the associations must have submitted the association notice for that year and the association has its own bank account.
Contact [email protected] for further information.
LTKY’s communications specialist and the board member responsible for communications are together responsible for LTKY’s external communications. The following communication services are available to associations:
- Alive online article
- Articles are agreed in advance with LTKY’s communication specialist.
- More information here: ltky.fi/en/alive-media/
- LTKY’s Newsletter is send to members via guilds’ newsletter lists every other Wednesday.
- Send your materials for the newsletter to our communications specialist no later than the Tuesday before sending. Make sure that the materials are ready for publication, and the texts are both in Finnish and English, even if the material only affects Finnish speakers. Contact our communications specialist if questions or materials: [email protected]
- Social media posts
- LTKY can share social media posts of associations upon request on our social media channels Facebook and Instagram. Posts should primarily be for entertainment or newsletters. Contact our communications specialist for post requests: [email protected]
Guide to event advertisement for Guilds
The accessibility portion of an event description should minimally include the following information:
- The event location (venue) clearly stated, so that participants have the opportunity to figure out the features and mobility challenges of the area.
- Arrival at the venue. For example, is there bus transportation that may not be completely accessible? It may be a good idea to post the timetable of public transportation to help participants determine their availability.
- The closest toilet and its location.
- The harassment contact person’s or other contact person’s details. Also mention that they are very open and available to being contacted, to lower the threshold of doing so.
- If possible, attach a picture of the venue (satellite or otherwise) as well as instructions for arriving.
Some examples that may be copied into your event descriptions with some slight modifications:
The venue is the basement of the student union building, which has one entrance behind the building as a staircase leading down to it, and another entrance inside the building as an elevator that takes you to the basement floor (K floor). To use the elevator, retrieve an accessibility key from the student union office (on the same floor) during its opening hours. You may also contact the organizer of the event about getting the key. The basement has restrooms which are available to everyone, and a disabled toilet, the availability of which will be informed as the renovation of the basement finishes. Feel free to contact the organizer of the event or contact person (John Smith 050 53850) if you have any questions about the practicalities and circumstances of the event. We wish and hope that everyone feels welcome at the event.
Night club parties at Lappeenranta city centre
The buses are not entirely accessible. The timetables for public transportation (which is accessible) can be found at https://lappeenranta.digitransit.fi/. The bar/night club may be inquired for updated information on their accessibility. For example, Las Palmas and Giggling Marlin are accessible. Feel free to contact the organizer of the event or contact person (John Smith 050 53850) if you have any questions about the practicalities and accessibility of the event. We wish and hope that everyone feels welcome at the event.
Lappeenranta city centre
The venue is situated in the city center. You may find it with the key work “Satamatori” on navigation applications. To get there, you can use local buses 5, 1 or 1Z. Exit the bus at the bus stop in front of the shopping center Armada, which is located about 500m from the venue. There is no wc at the venue, but local restaurants offer them when patronized, or for a fee. Feel free to contact the organizer of the event or contact person (John Smith 050 53850) if you have any questions about the practicalities and accessibility of the event. We wish and hope that everyone feels welcome at the event.