- Health care center of FSHS in Lappeenranta
- When FSHS is closed..
- If I get sick outside of Lappeenranta..
YTHS (FSHS =Finnish Student Health Service) provides general, mental and dental health care services for undergraduate students of universities and other institutions of higher education. When paying the membership fee of student union you are using 44€ of that money for the health care payment of YTHS which gives you the right to use the services of YTHS.
YTHS provides services of public health nurse, general- and specialist practitioners (such as dermatologist, psychiatrist or gynecologist), physiotherapist, dentist, and mental health care. The services are free of charge except for the services of a dentist.
Prices for dentist: 10-20 min 16€, 20-40 min 24€ and over 40min 30€.
The health care center of FSHS in Lappeenranta is situated in 1st and 2nd floor of the 7th building of LUT.
Mon – Thu 8:00 – 15:00
Fri 08:00 – 14:00
Appointments by phone: 046 – 710 1080
Appointments by phone for dental health: 046 – 710 1081
- Service of a nurse without reservation with queue number system at 8 to 12am (2nd floor)
- Don’t forget to check in at the patient office for appointments of dental care. For other type of appointments no checking is needed. You can just walk to the assigned door.
- Recipes have to be picked up from Monday to Thursday before 3 pm and on Fridays before 4 pm
- From June till mid-August the Lappeenranta office is closed
- On New Year’s Eve, 30th of April and Maundy Thursday the Lappeenranta office is open from 8 am to 1 pm
With a nurse you can talk about health related issues. She/he will help you to get further help and will reserve an appointment with a doctor if needed. A nurse will also advice you with vaccination and contraception questions. For a dentist a time is reserved from the patient office.
Always remember to tell beforehand if you cannot come to your reserved appointment! The appointments with cancellation can be used for acute cares. An unused appointment without cancellation will cost you 25€
Students can use the public healthcare when FSHS is closed. Local health care centers are open until 4 pm after which the central hospital of Etelä-Karjala is still open. For using public health care you will have to pay normally without student discounts. The central hospital of Etelä-Karjala (phone: 05 352 5743) is on call on weekdays from 4pm to 7am and on weekends from Friday 4 pm until Monday 7 am.
If you are on another city with a FSHS office you can use its services on its opening times. Don’t forget to bring your student card with you!
The FSHS has collected important information for international students on the FSHS’ services, as well as health information and information on e.g. insurance. The page also answers some questions frequently asked by international students.